Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Essence All About Matt foundation



Well hello,

my love for make up started with Essence. This was the cheapest brand available in my drugstore perfect for a beginner, hungry for experimenting like me. But ever since Catrice Cosmetics came out, which is Essence sister brand, I kinda forgott all about Essence. I found the products a little better, the packaging prettier and sadly a bit more expensive. Lately I have been hearing a lot about Essence, people raving about them so I visited their stand once again.

I ran out of my current foundation so I picked up Essence All About Matt foundation. I have been using it for about two weeks and I am quite surprised with the results. It claims to be mattifying, oil-free foundation for a flawless and radiant finish that covers imperfections without clogging the pores. The formula should be long-lasting and moisturising, lasting up to 12 hours. First I thought only 12 hours? I am used to foundations and other products claiming to last up to 24 hours, which usually isn´t correct anyways.

The formula is quite liquidy, which makes it easy for application and blending. It can leave streaks. It quickly dries to Matt, silky finish, yet stays radiant. And I love it. This way I don´t have to cake on my powder. It´s quicker and looks more natural. If you have troubled skin this foundation is probably not the answer for you, as it´s light to medium coverage. It also has a quite pleasant sent, nothing too overpowering. Its a shame it only comes in three different shades. Mine is the lightest, Matt Beige or number 10. But as it dries it becomes slightly orange toned and a bit darker. If you are not too light, this should work for you. I mix it with lighter foundation to create the right shade for me. The mattifying effect stays on surprisingly long. It feels light on the skin, perfect for everyday use.




Love,







No comments:

Post a Comment